"If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present. But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future. The seeds of our destiny are nurtured by the roots of our past." - Kwai Chang Caine (Kung Fu).

Saturday 12 September 2015

The Burden Has Become Too Heavy.

And with that, I pass it on to other family to carry on the search and research in family history. With the emergence of very bright and dedicated figures like Patrick Vella (a distance relative through the Govias), I feel that this family history is in good hands. Patrick was a Godsend. Passionate and dedicated. And for the first time in years, I didn't feel alone.
 
 
 
 
 
Struggling to meet the demands of obsessively long working hours, and paying bills; going through the "Groundhog cycle", and trying to find some relaxation in off-time in hobbies that I love, combined with seemingly rewardless research into family history, it's time for me to give it away, and leave it in more capable hands.
There are simply not enough hours in the working week for me to do this justice.
 
 
Perhaps no one knows that this blog was actually a "mistake". Look at the URL. Have you ever seen such an odd URL? The reason for that is that a short time after creating it - I deleted it. But then I decided to restore it, with a different and longer URL. I was surprised that I could even restore it.
 
 
 
There comes a time when one must sail into the sunset, and leave the world and its troubles behind, and let the work go on in far more capable hands.
Throughout this whole project, I've often asked myself, "why do you keep doing it?" That's a question for which I still don't have a satisfactory answer.
 
 
I wish the best for present and future family history researchers. You have my blessing. And I hope you recover treasures beyond measure.
 
 
But for me, it's time to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment